that single act was more satisfying than my entire day up to that point.
speaking of trash, why do some fuckers choose to take the form of another as soon as they claim a mate? i've known these jabronis longer than i haven't; i know the real you, you fool! are you kidding her? or yourself? some of these fools turn it on and off like a switch with each relationship, presumably until the inevitable wedding when the light burns out forever. on the list of the great tests (which is arbitrarily defined by me, based on the nights alcohol level) it ranks high to have a women that will not expect you to become a watered down version of yourself, or better yet, calls you out when you do.
Giddy Up
10 comments:
Word...
Notorous
Perhaps you should ask why any of us lack the integrity to face the reality of ourselves when around others.
Why put on a new personality hat for anyone at all? Sure, it's most noticeable when people change radically after starting a relationship (we all know someone who's been "whipped"...or does the "whipping"), but why not ask the same thing about those of us who change when we go to work and become different people?
Why not always "be ourselves"? Or, perhaps, one should ask the question, "What is it to be ourselves?" When we're with our friends, are we any less genuinely ourselves than with a gf/bf/mate? If so, it's pretty difficult to use your experiences around them as normative. If they change while around a significant other or a boss, what's to say they're not doing the same thing around you? That is, can you truly say that you know "the real" them? Chances are, you know the most common form of them, not the intricate whole.
I find it a much greater problem that most of us have no capacity to recognize that we all do this. Moreover, we spend exactly zero moments of our life reflecting on who we truly are and/or who we want to be. Rather than sucking it up and facing the reality of who we are as individuals (no matter how shitty that may seem at times), we chicken out and drift continuously from form to form with no understanding of why we're doing it.
Perhaps then, by condemning others who are obviously doing this in relationships (and taking a serious stab at screwing up their lives if they get married under those pretenses), we should all be a bit more introspective and consider how often, to one degree or another, we do the same thing.
Munky Stephens~
uh, well- yes. that is perhaps the best written and most insightful collection of words that will appear on this site. I'm going to nominate you for the new monkey species naming.
I have been praying that would happen for you Chest!!
On another note: it could be all that long winded yet elequint post above... or it all could be about sacrafice for what you love... (stop that, I am not going there... I am going here.) As an example: I often give up productive saterdays and sundays for my love of booze. It is no different for our friends who give up productive exiting lives for there love of busting a nut inside a chick on a regular basis.
Notorious
That's exactly the point--sit down and figure out who you are and what you want. If drinking suits you more than being productive, then "make the sacrifice" and drink. I'm merely commenting on the reality that most of us are lead around by our desires with no understanding of why we we're fulfilling them. Seeking pleasure is fine, but seeking it in ways that are totally unfulfilling to our genuine selves will leave us hollow and empty (like the government program to turn us into zeros someone mentioned awhile back).
I find myself compelled to choose self-recognized fulfillment rather than the kinds that eventually leave us, as The Sophist mentioned some time ago, ready to put a gun in our mouths. Not many people do that, but I think the point is valid because most of us (at least of the people I know) are dissatisfied with our lives and wander around asking "is this all there is to life?"
If the real you desires things that are ridiculously out of your sphere of influence (sleeping with movie stars, for example), then slap yourself back into reality, cope like the rest of us, and find something else that will bring you genuine fulfillment. The great american dream of doing whatever we want (if we just put our minds to it...) is a steaming pile of shit and its influence over our expectations and perceptions is undeniable (albeit subtle), but that doesn't mean our lives need be any less satisfying.
I'll try to make this my last caffeine-inspired fool's rant. Forgive me if I sound "more satisfied than thou", I'm not trying to pretend I'm any better at this than the rest of us...just sharing some thoughts.
This theory presupposes a somewhat key idea; One has to have already established what one desires in life. I mean shit, if i'm standing in front of that counter at Baskin Robbin's and i'm staring down 32 plus flavors, how can i know which one i like best until i've tried them all? Now i'm not trying to make some vague reference to screwing different chicks, you twisted bastards and i also don't need to get shot in the face to know i don't want to be a bullet tester in life. I guess i could just give up and assume every job will suck the life out of me and every town's hookers are just as diseased as the next, but dammit, i'm tired of tapping out.
This problem however does NOT preclude you from the original point, which we seem to agree says you don't have to be a deusch when you're around around your girl.
(by the way, Lee, it's good to hear from you)
[grunt]
can't sleep.
if i was just looking for a chick to bust a nut in, i'd find Mrs. Notorious.
[yawn]
that's better
We need a case study. Any volunteers?
i now officially pronounce this thread dead
Post a Comment