Thursday, June 09, 2005

a long time coming

Pistons in 3

that's right, Detroit will require only 3 games to win the best of 7 championship series against the Spurs.

If you're a self proclaimed home team fan, you HAVE to have faith that they will win and you gotta stand by it. This is doubly true for Detroit. The whole success of the Pistons is based on winning games they should never win with players that should never be good enough. And here we are again, and people are back at it with the "i don't know, sure they made it this far, but i think their luck is about to run out." type shit. Remember when the national professional sports analysts were hoping for just one win out of detroit against LA, to in their words "keep the series interesting?" And those folks that will commit to predicting a victory? They always have to attach some BS rider like "no way they take two in San Antonio" or "I heard Duncan is a robot and they're upgrading his battery pack." (side note: Tim Duncan IS in fact a robot, but is limited forever to his first issue components.)

Fuck 'em. I say Detroit sweeps. Ben Wallace EATS Tim Duncan at half court. And Darko Milicic (Or "the DMC" as we call him) will score a triple double... Twice.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

hmmm.. it really takes away the desire to see the game when I already know the score... I think I will skip it tonight.

Anonymous said...

HEY YOU SLACKERS!

A.soph. I just noticed that I am the last poster on your six previous posts. I can only assume that it is my inspired comentary that awes the masses to silence. This logic followed...If I stop posting on your blog... you will have many more posts.

Does this line of reasoning check-out to you?

amateur.sophist said...

i typically reply once, unless the subject matter demands my input. Otherwise, i try to be a gracious and allow you the reader(s), the last word.

that said, yeah, the stats tell me most people just spectate.

for example: today there were 6 visitors who viewed 22 separate pages. In the past 7 days, there 84 visitors hitting 318 pages.

it's just like the real world; sure people will watch the sex show in stage,m but very few actually offer anything to the party.

Anonymous said...

I see good reason to your philosophy, One alternative is you could post to your own posts pretending to be Anonomous... Though that starts to approach talking to your self. Yes it does. Well never mind then.

Anonymous said...

I concur.
Don't do the anonymous thing.
That's just lame.