Saturday, June 04, 2005

I'll sign your hat

last night the strugglers convened at Comerica Park for a Tiger's game. The short version of this story is, we were sitting next to some quasi-famous athlete and these little leaguer's in front of us were lining up to get there hat's signed by him. Drunk and riding high, i stood up and proclaimed "Hey, I'm an engineer; I'll sign your hats.... I work for Chrysler." At least two kids fell for this and even went as far to search out a pen for me. My housemate claims the parent's eyes lit up with that "ohh, positive roll model!" stare of hope.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think the Engineering action figure seires will be out soon. Make sure when they make the model of you, that there is a large base. This has several advantages... 1. You will not fall over. 2. It gives you a larger surface to sign when you inevitably are asked to autograph them. 3. When little kids send your action figure on "Expiditions into the underwater caves" (flush you down toilets...) you will do a mighty job of plugging up the toilet and flooding bathrooms nation wide!

amateur.sophist said...

My contract specifically guarantees one plush figure with "pull and talk action" featuring at LEAST 7 real action phrases. I'm lobbying for such classics as
"Have you seen my Neons, Bitches?,"
"I gotta go take pictures... But I can't feel my legs" "Correlation of variable does not imply casality... bitch" and
"Fine, I'll Drink both of 'em!"

Anonymous said...

"Drunk and riding high, i stood up and proclaimed "Hey, I'm an engineer; I'll sign your hats.... I work for Chrysler.""

Positive role model.... yes indeedy...