this was taken directly from my house-mate's site:
GOOD MORNING!
A little under fifteen minutes ago I was abruptly awoken from a deep sleep by two of the most horrible sounds I have ever heard in my life.
The first was the sound of housemate/landlord's alarm clock going off. It is the traditional high pitched siren-esque shrill sound that serves its purpose; which is to wake your ass up and become so intolerable that you slam on the snooze button six or seven times, which said housemate usually does until all parties are forced to rise alongside him. While this normal does not please me in the slightest, my ears have grown callous to said shrill noise..but after only ascertaining 3 hours of sleep thus far, I was less than thrilled to hear of its unexpected arrival...as I have my alarm scheduled to wake me up around four hours post press time (ie: right now).
This was nothing in comparison to the second noise, which was the sound of my second housemate screaming at the first housemate (who was now in gleefully in our shower) to shut his fucking alarm clock off. Now normally this wouldn't have phased me either, had he not sounded like a Nazgul that decended from upon high, waiting to kill housemate #1 the moment he got finished with his shower. Shaken, I did what any responsible mediator would have done: I got up, mumbled several things semi incoherently in the hallway, and attempted to return to sleep..feeling confident that the negotiation spirit of Jimmy Carter had passed through me, and that I had done the responsible thing.
However, I haven't been able to get back to sleep since that event, and now I am telling this story to you. Housemate #1 is getting ready to leave for work, and Housemate #Nazgul is still in his room. I fear for the safety of Housemate #1's alarm clock, but not so much for his life anymore, as I have diffused the situation with as much utmost professionalism one can muster up after only accumulating three hours of quality, golden slumbers. I now look forward to returning to bed and rising a few hours from now; refreshed, sound and ready to take on the day with the zest of something that is..zesty.
News bullitens will be issued as further events warrant.
Posted by rob at 06:44 AM
1 comment:
Disco Stu don't sell out.
Post a Comment