Speaking of green, finally some noise on the wind front. They pretty much hit on the head:
-20% is the projected amount of unreliable wind/solar energy you can run a national power grid with. I've always heard 40%. Regardless, if we had some sort of energy storage system to smooth out those inconsistencies... some kind of battery of storage systems... yes.
-The grid is the current weakness. Think of it as the matrix, but more likely to fall on it's face.
-Distributed power is the ultimate hippie dream. Of course, hippie or not, it doesn't mean you can't disconnect and run your shit of the grid. I recommend it.
Then again, carbon emissions are often the least of our worries.
2 comments:
I am also becoming a big fan of off the grid. Also, once you get used to it, you really don't need to have electricity all the time. A few hours a day is adaquit.
I'll give you some carbon emmissions!
(emits gas)
son of bitch, I'm the only here.
(goes back to half-assembled baby-fueled jetpack)
Post a Comment