Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Rich Fucking Fuckers and the Shit they Fuck

Subtitle: life as a disappointment

At some point, likely during the college/post high school years, we all learn that most of those really sweet ideas that like, no one has ever though of before and/or had the moxy to carry out, are in the end, actually very bad ideas. These typically fall into a "do-it yourself," "huge money/time saver" or perhaps "engineering and building of unique and creative... thing" ideas. Examples might include buying something large like a car and splitting it down the middle with another person, buying a cheap, broke down fiat in the hopes of restoring it to awesomeness, maybe driving an absurd distance for a party that's gonna have "a million chicks" or perhaps living in a house with 200 roommates. The point is, after enough let downs, you just start to expect a certain percentage of failure and thus embark on less of these undertakings

I know this is true because I've seen the transition in myself and others, and yes its sad.

The point is, when did everything else turn into such a let down? When did having an apartment close to work turn into outrageous bills and friends were too far away to visit? And when did having a cool car become a slew of mechanical issues, parking lot accidents and police officers tapping on your window? And why the fuck is it so hard to ride my bike to work?

Society's refusal to allow bike riding is the last straw. It requires I pack a change of clothes because the man wants me to dress like a monkey. In fact, the "Green" company i work for doesn't even have a bike rack, nor will it let me leave the bike in the cubical. Of course there's few to no sidewalks out here in Xurbia where the rich people live. And when there are, mindless fucks in luxury SUVs keep trying to run me over because they have no clue what a pedestrian is or how right-of-way works. Then there's the un-accountables... like the old guy that yelled at me as he drove by and while I waiting for the light to change. I couldn't hear exactly what he was saying but i sensed a perception of distaste for bikers. And the fucks that when driving down the road, enjoying their new ICP album, have the presence of mind when they see a commuter to immediately honk there horn and yell something out the window. Do you realize what it takes to react that fast?

I'm serious: people here are pissed when they see someone on a bike

here's somethign to think about

6 comments:

Notorious said...

Well... if you want to think that way.

The Struggle... or The Ride?

Also... it seem the China has aready won... and lost.

Anonymous said...

buck up little camper.

After a week or two, you get used to random people yelling at you for no reason and dodging SUVs becomes 2nd nature. At least it does in Minneapolis.

Jon said...

Carry eggs and throw them.

Anonymous said...

Well, if it's any consolation, I just left a presentation at work put on by the United States Assistant Secretary for Health. (he's apparently buddies with our company's dear leader)

No joke, this man told us that we can solve the obesity "epidemic" in our country by dancing, taking walks and giving kids fruit instead of candy.

This to a room full of people who bike 20 miles to work, one way.

It's time you made your escape.

Notorious said...

Dancing hey? I can dance... maybe I should give dance lessions. I Dance farly arobicly! People never get obiese from dancing with me. Pregnent maybe, but not fat.

Anonymous said...

Notorious, I wouldn't quit your day job to teach dance lessons. Remember alcohol impairs your judgment.

A.S. you should attach a blow horn to your bike to scare the shit out of obnoxious motorists