Thursday, January 05, 2006

I hate Detroit

it's funny too, because my last three roommates all loved this hell hole. Rapper and celebrity Obie Trice was shot last week on a Detroit freeway. I drive on that Detroit freeway. Then again, lots of people do. Then again some more, lots of people get shot.

Grey. Dead. Broke. Burned. like a rotting pirate ship long abandoned. It's not that the city is COMPLETELY devoid of all culture and entertainment... it's just that one has to work so hard to seek out such devices. Also, no offense to, uh, anyone, but the people around here ("here" being "the northern midwest") aren't exactly as a whole... attractive.

Unfortunately, or conveniently, this is really the only place were i can become a master of two trades I'm loving: autos and alternative energy. Today at work i sat in a million dollar car; one of only 60 that will ever be made, it's the first "consumer" fuel cell vehicle. From the outside, it was basically a compact with a fancy pant job and freakishly high curb weight. sadly, there's only two applicable gas stations in michigan, with no plans for additional. I'll avoid rambling on about the state of the industry and the technology and all that.

Monday i start classes: "Hydrogen Infrastructure and Alternative Energy Transportation." It's been exactly three years since i've been involved in any sort of scholastic program and i'm hoping it won't be too hard to clean the rust off the ol' gears. I think i'm excited. hopefully i won't get shot.

...damn i'm itchy for a tattoo...

update: this guy knows what i'm saying. Even if it is from a few years back. So basically Imagine this, but with time to get worse.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh come on... it is not that bad... that dude had a lot of angst.

You want to see lack of culture... come to montana. That that is not what people come around here for. Ted Nuget came to Great Falls, we gave him a helicopter ride... along with Carrot top... hmmm...

amateur.sophist said...

ted nugent got a helicopter ride?

Anonymous said...

Yes... ted Nugent got a helicopter ride. Aparently he did some undercover work for the government back in the 80's and uncle sam feels like they owe him something.

Well we took the fire teem off the helicopter befor we put Carrot Top on... not only did we not waist him, we sent our cute female flight engineer to guide him during the flight... make sure he didn't walk in to rotor blades and such... All I can say is that I was in Iraq for both of those insidences...

amateur.sophist said...

i don't have the energy to express shock at the idea of nugent doingundercover work for the U.S. governemnt. Just dnon't have it.

Anonymous said...

I may have made that up... by under cover work, I ment USO stuff.

~Sean of Detroit said...

Nah, Detroit is a beautiful city. There is no place I would rather be. Being so close to all the lakes is the best. The architecture Downtown is amazing too.

Anonymous said...

Detroit is poopy. I would never swim in the river here, its got more bacteria than courtney love's snatch I bet...