Friday, July 23, 2010

emoticon gender benders

I was on the Playstaion Network (Yes, i play playstation it helps clear my brain STOP JUDGING ME!) and within certain games, people are able to put "tags" in front of their names, limited to 4 characters. You see a lot of interesting stuff ,like the lawnmower

\.=.

The pistol

%"""

all manner of middle finger (which look better in font-type other than this)

o0oo
n0nn

an assortment of male genitalia and female frontal parts

{use imagination}

this week i saw one that didn't immediately make sense. And like a vanity license plate with no vowels, it sent my brain spiraling into a vortex of analysis... I believe it looked somethingng like this:

-32=

I'm quite certain of the lat three characters but the first is a little fuzzy. Something like that, however. After several zetaflops of calculation, a couple beers of lubrication and an hour or so of eliminating digital terrorists, my brain was only able arrive at one conclusion:

Its a transvestite.

I mean look at it. The parts are all there. They're blown out of proportion, not unlike a caricature, but that's what these preteen n00bs are going for, right? And the limit on characters meant the head had to be cut off, but it's all there, man, in black and white, OPEN YOUR EYES.

Of course, in the light of day and away from the passion of the moment, i can see it is also, perhaps, construed as a face.

Here i have redrawn it to include a hat.

<32=


I don't know, maybe identifying patterns in these things is like looking for shapes in clouds.

No comments: