Thursday, June 25, 2009

Let's be honest with ourselves

The Michael Jackson we all loved is the Michael Jackson we remember. He died a long time ago.

Now, I'll never forget listening to JLB's top 10 MJ songs, turning on the radio after hearing he was DOA. I was driving in what must have been record setting heat and humidity for this place. As such i had the AC on and windows up but when that #2 song came on those windows came down because god dammit it is summer time and in the summer you roll down your windows and turn up your music when you're listening to Rock With Me. in your car. in GOD DAMN DE-TROIT.


88888•88888•88888•88888•88888•88888



I've found myself with some free time and some new riding boots so I'm going to go away for awhile. I'll be leaving solid plans, reliable lodging and your American television behind. It might look something like this...



View Larger Map


...but if the weather lets go or the money runs short or my left ear starts itching, well, i might just head the other direction. If you live near these lines consider yourself warned.


∞000∞000∞000∞000∞000∞000∞000∞000∞000∞



Along the way i'll be looking for inspiration; Sort of like walking out into the woods for a few hours to smoke a cigar and reboot the brain, except time 100. Upon return i will have a better understanding. And probably some interesting pictures.


(•Y•)(•Y•)(•Y•)(•Y•)(•Y•)(•Y•)(•Y•)(•Y•)(•Y•)



Watch yourself out there

3 comments:

wildman said...

How long will you be on this journey? I may be in erie, pa for some ultimate aug 7-9.

amateur.sophist said...

sadly, not that long.

Though an alternative version of this trip sent me from Chi-town to mad-city, up through Winona to the Twin cities. From there to Iron MT, Houghton and Marquette. Unfortunately, though the people-seeing would be good, the roads are fairly boring.

Maybe in Sept with the miata...

Anonymous said...

I thought indulging my wanderlust would satiate it. I was wrong. It has only grown stronger.

Beware the ides of (something)