Thursday, July 09, 2009

pushing through the madness

If you were wondering, the race car is coming along nicely. Recent achievements include Wheels, Driving, a Front End and now featuring... Seats!

By my standards, I've been busy. Partially because of the absurd amount of traveling/adventuring i've been doing. The most recent was this 2500mile motorcycle trip:


View Larger Map

let me just tell you... it rained. A lot. Typically, at this point, I'd tell you all about the exciting things that happened to us and then elude to having to tell the best ones over beers and lies. But, well, there really weren't any very exciting things that happened. It was good. Here are some pictures.

5488_1172088618805_1125702314_30532581_7576059_n

5488_1172088538803_1125702314_30532579_3931478_n

5408_201043375031_713930031_7558234_3434444_n

5488_1172085938738_1125702314_30532560_7704405_n

5408_201043435031_713930031_7558243_455908_n

I've also found myself playing Ultimate frisbee again. I've been burning for a competitive sport and though ultimate isn't the most competitive sport around, at least i'm still pretty good at it. Turns out the guy that organizes this pick up league started playing cir. 2007 when he graduated high school. I'm pretty sure ,my most recent retirement started BEFORE that guy was introduced to the sport.

hmmm.

Either way, in my glorious-return-to-glory game, I received the first two points of the game and threw for a bunch more. I also took more subs than anyone on the field and spent the next two days with a soreness that prevented me from being able to put on my own shoes.

As a result of this first day's performance (combined with a desperation for ANYONE that would play) i've found myself in a team for this weekend's local tournament. Hopefully i'll be un-hobbled by then.

Links: Proof that Detroit is still raw. proof and proof

In life, it seems, I keep bumping up against the idea of goals and achievements... the kind of re-occuring theme that comes up every once in a while and is futile to ignore. So i've been working on a list of each for myself (that I surely will not publish here, but assume there will be an entire paragraph entitles "tequila"). In the mean time and in the same line of thought, I'm working on a full-life move. Though it IS the kind where you quit your job, leave town and give away half your stuff, it surprisingly doesn't involve a wife or a baby. I guess it's kind of like when someone goes away to jail for 18months, but in this case I could keep the Miata. Maybe. I'll let you know how it works out.


Speaking of goals...

...where do i get a water cannon and motorcycle like that?

3 comments:

cmichalakis said...

We still need to swap tales of adventure!

Notorious said...

that picture is not the background of my desktop.

amateur.sophist said...

I assume you mean the BMW picture? Its like two girls on a scooter but 50% better!