Monday, August 29, 2005

Sex and Beer, Sex and Beer

are the things we like 'round here
(and gary)

I received a voice mail Friday from my sister wishing me prosperity and happiness for my 25th birthday. I don't remember exactly how it went down, but i distinctly recall some comment to the effect of "you're an old man now." I didn't put much thought into it at the time since Holly and I were speeding our way to Housemate Jon's cottage in mid-michigan, listening to old-school hip-hop on the MP3 box.

you see, folks, with a spotty weather report and few ends in my fold, i wasnt expecting much more than a chill weekend with some beers and friends. What i got was a classic crazy-as-shit-fun weekend reminiscent of college, and as intense as any impromptu gathering i have ever been a part of. And even better was the natural, flowing groove of the whole event, unforced in every way.

Now as i sit here, sipping from my sweaty Labatt Blue can and listening to Kenny Rankin, i don't feel like an old man. In fact. I feel like a million dollars. So i guess the point is, here i am: armed with my monkey boxers and a million dollar smile, and I'm sure as shit looking forward to the next 25 years.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

*raises box of Franzia in honor of weekend*


Wow, suddenly I really want to go swimming. Let me call some of my attractive female friends and see what arises...

Anonymous said...

Sophist, I now patiently await the news where you are hit by a bus. The irony would be great.

amateur.sophist said...

That's a wonderful idea, Gnome. Now hopefully someone will come along and pay you for it, in Rape Dollars

The Humanity Critic said...

Just passing through, I'm liking the blog by the way.

amateur.sophist said...

I like this humanity critic and his stripper tales. Even gave me some ideas for G-money's bachelor party.