Tuesday, March 12, 2013

A gift to the world

Today at I was at a grocery store, which like all groceries stores, I did not possess the "frequent shopper" card that entitled me to certain discounts.  At checkout, after indicating that I did not have the card and did not intend to get the card, the cashier entered the code such that I got the discounts anyway.

(Side note: Since I NEVER have the card, I would say this happens about 40% of the time, where the cashier gives out the discount anyway.  I'd love to know how often "random hot chick" gets the discount, sans the card.)

What made this event worthwhile, was when the cashier revealed her trick!  Apparently some genius applied for the card and used the phone number 867-5309.  Since you can enter your phone number in lieu of presenting the actual physical card, the cashiers all used this easy to remember number when they wanted to give out the discount for free.

This got me to thinking.  1) Anytime I'm in a store now and DON'T have the card, I'm going to start by trying to enter that phone number, in the hopes that there are other forward-thinking out there using the same system.  2) If everyone signed up for the card and used that number, people like me who float around a lot would always be guaranteed the frequent-shopper-card discount.

Image unrelated:

9 comments:

jjohnson said...

Nice! Lifehacks!

Notorious said...

The picture is blocked here... no doubt for my protection.

Gams said...

I'm implementing this. Victoria's Secret and Wegman's, here come the lifehacks.

Kelebek Nakliyat said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
WORK TOGETHER BUILD TOGETHER said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
fifa-coin said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
happy wheels demo said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.