It has not stopped raining for the last 3 days. The rain fall has simply varied from steady to down pour, back to steady. This has severely limited my ability to enjoy recent motorcycle upgrades or continue working on the small details (clutch adjustment, headlight aim, decal removal, etc). I did take the opportunity to enjoy a spectacular 8 mile run in the rain, but the wet shoes/socks led to some monster blisters that have left me couch-ridden and cursing the weather gods and organizing digital music into playlists.
2) Recent Addictions

A recent XKCD comic and a little bird together inspired me to write Haiku's about the women of science. I think i could have worked in some pretty words had i not been at work. Things are strange there now.
Bring me a woman
Speaking with a learned tongue
I will bring the beer
I'm also solidly addicted to Post Secret. Solidly.

Woman of science
Confident understanding
A challenge I seek
To note:
I think we all knew that guys have no sense of their league but it's good to see science catching up to bar logic.
Best you stand back
My science is conducted
With women of wit
3) A Story
Somewhere around 1997/1998 i was looking for an email address that would be anonymous and free. Hotmail was free and by not using some form of my own name (as most people were doing those days) i could cover the anonymous part. As it were i was in the midst of a ideologies class and had taken a shining to Mikhail Bakunin as a pretty forward thinking guy. Such became mikhailbakunin(at)hotmail(dot)com, an email address that i've carried with me for the last 10 years. (Keep in mind that by telling this story here i realize I'm killing the anonymous part. Whatever.)
Anyway, when teh Myspace became popular, i was never much interested in taking part, but i did need to occasionally check out what other people were up to, which was only possible if you had a Myspace account. Thus was born (circa 2005ish) Mikhail Bakunin on Myspace, again, as far as i could tell anonymous. As chance would have it, i noticed i was getting a LOT of friend requests the last couple months. I mean, i always got random spammer friend requests, but this seemed like an over the top amount. I logged into teh Myspace for the first time in, maybe, 18 to 24 months, to find this:
http://www.myspace.com/mikhailbakunin
Wat was once a mostly blank page featuring just a few of my more choice photographs, is now a full-blown dedication to the 18th century Russian Anarchist that couldn't be more complete if the man himself had made it. And i own it. Well, kinda. Who ever put this up never took the time to change the password.
So here's the rub, as soon as I realized what had happened, i changed the Myspace password as well as my email account password because they were the same. I feel a little bad because i basically jacked some one else's work, but well, they did it first. Besides, who ever set this up hadn't logged in for some 12 months before i realized what was going on.
So there you have it. I am Mikhailbakunin on Myspace and I didn't even have to do any of the leg work. The only problem is I seem to get a lot of friend requests from dudes like this. Yeah.

I ended the debate by moving my army across the Rubican
"Bartender, get me a shot"
And then burned the bridges behind me
"Make it cheap Tequila with a beer back"
--Tucker Maxx
Time to work on my No-Rain Dance moves. (You know why rain dances work? because they keep dancing until it rains. A lot of tings are like that.)
2 comments:
Well done on all fronts.
How did they get your password in the first place to build the page?
Probably they were haxors.
Post a Comment