Thursday, August 28, 2008

content o' the month

DSC_0073.JPG

I'm feeling nostalgic.



It's been a hell of a month filled with travel, change, new and strange people as well as marking 28 years of me looking around and saying "well that doesn't seem right at all..."

It occurred to me that 2 decades ago I fully believed I would be well into my career as a race car driver by now.

DSCN2016.jpg
I could not have predicted this cake, either. (though i *did* ask for a vagina cake)


I went back to that old familiar place last weekend to see some old familiar people but as always, nothing is quite as familiar as you remember it. Regardless, a challenging trip that was most rewarding: Me, the bike, a weekend and 900 miles in the High Five State.

DSCN2014.jpg
I don't feel old but damn do i look old in that picture. I feel old looking at that picture of my old-ass looking self. Maybe it was that familiar post-wedding hang over rearing it's ugliness in my face.

It's been a popular theme in August, the month of drunkeness. I think it's time to dial it back for wile and shake off the cloudiness in the brain. I've got the old stand by, "running until i fall down" which is as much or more so satisfying than drinking until i can't feel feelings. Sadly it does nearly nothing to make un-interesting people seem like you want to talk to this guy.



DSCN2008.jpg
(the triple digit speeds are dicey without a windshield. Kids, listen to me: install clubman bars)

DSC_0064.JPG

(by the way)
Epic Ninja Fail
Great sex, wrong person
Surrender
Speaking of pictures

I wasn't in the mood to be rushing around the state and definitely not looking forward to a wedding. I was however happy to find that i would be living in the woods for a day and a half. It was spectacular to stand in the river and walk in the forest. I firmly believe that the world we make for ourselves it too distracting to accomplish any decent thinking. Too many distractions to resolve problems. Instead you just forget about them. Shove 'em under the rug. I'll figure out these confusing things tomorrow... where's my blackberry? (it was turned off for over 24 hours!)

Regardless, the newly weds get double plus ultra points for their blatant disregard for American wedding traditions.

DSC_0371.JPG

DSC_0451.JPG


And the only thing better than trees is lively water.

DSC_0056.JPG

DSC_0036.JPG
With life!

DSC_0105.JPG

DSC_0075.JPG
Sophist in the state of nature

Year 28 of the mission: August has been the most bizar-O month ever. The world is both complicated AND confusing, which is a strange way of saying it's not really complicated at all.


image008.jpg
To people that are far away in unfamiliar places: Stay lose out there.


I think I'm ready to open the floor to comments again



(Again with the prostitutes? Again with the prostitutes)

2 comments:

Notorious said...

Holy shit man! I for got it was your birthday too. Happy Birthday dude!

That is a damn nice set of photographs. Motorcycles, trees, water, open road... It makes me a little home sick. Mostly it makes me want to ride a motorcycle again.

Also, that picture of the road block dircting carbombs to exit is fairly absurd! The main reason is that I don't think it is a rare VBIED driver that is literate. (Though I am curious if anyone has pulled off... it might actually work.)

Thank god for reinstating comments! The peanut gallery was getting restless to make comments!

Anonymous said...

And then, after achieving victory, he jumped back on the cycle and peeled out.

fucking brilliant.