Monday, January 01, 2007

It begins anew



it is 007 and not even worth commenting on the relentless march of time. One week to go before starting the new job. I'm in search of an apartment and as ridiculous as it may sound to some of you, i'm actually looking at places in the "nice part" of metro Detroit.

on a related note, apparently Detroit does not get snow anymore. This could be useful if i decide to pull the trigger on one of those 400hp/400tq '06 GTOs that my friendly local pontiac dealer let me test drive last week. It's an odd feeling knowing in that car that at any speed, in any gear and at any RPM, you can hit the gas and instantly feel like you're falling face-first off a building. In the end, it's mostly just a day dream though, since follow through would likely end up with me dead, in prison, broke, or some combination of the three.

I recommend buying this car to anyone. The 2002 always had terrific handling and in this instance, the original low output single-carb engine was replaced with an EFI, moderate-power version. As well, the "standard for the era" 4-speed was swapped for a 5-speed. No sir, no problem getting chicks to bang or gear-heads to drool with this black beauty. (my birthday is in August). Regardless, any used, running bimmer will fetch a couple grand simply because of their stupid levels of reliability. I'd figure this to grab 8 to 10k.

All this recent time off work has allowed be to reconnect with my training. I feel my power growing stronger everyday.

"I'm sorry you didn't get the Derelicte campaign, Hanzel"
"you can dere-lick my balls, el capitan"



Yeah, this year is gonna be pretty sweet. I can feel it.

("dude, are you being serious or sarcastic?"
"I don't even know anymore")

3 comments:

Notorious said...

Pull the trigger!!! Hopefully before I get there in a few weeks!

Also, it is obvious to me that that second dog is looking at porn... probably on his work computer... Hmmm.

Anonymous said...

A guy at work has an '04 (I think) GTO. I agree re: the face smashing. The thing is a lot heavier than it looks though. If you can get over the sunfire-ish looks, it's quite a vehicle.

amateur.sophist said...

yeah, it's definitly sluggish in the looks department, but that's keeps in low on the 5-0 radar. And yes, it tips the scales on the 3600-3700 lb arena, but that just means it's ripe for some carbon fiber body panels. Also, the 04 had the LS1 engine which was 350hp, vs the 05 and 06 which have the LS2 thats good for 400hp/400tq.

here's to cars of compensation.