Tuesday, January 09, 2007

first day recap

Step zero: wake up at 6am, drive north for 40 miles, 8am arrive at work.
I can see clearly now that locating my primary forces in a more northerly position will be key to my world dominance. Or morning commute. I can't remember.
Step one: First things first: Safety meeting.
It is highly important to not put tongues, fingers and penises into certain machines. Turns out we get a free set of Redwing Steal Toe shoes each year. All large tow pinching objects as well as various deserving asses better watch out.
Step two: Team meeting.
In a group of 6, I'm not the only new guy. Also, it's strange to be around so many people who are generally interested in their work.
Step three: Group meeting
Turns out we got the new GM account, but those bastards over at the competition are still barking up our heels. Stay tight men!
Step four: I have a cube, phone and computer
Another laptop? I'm going to build a fort with my computers
Step five: We go out for a Team lunch.
Turns out my boss and coworkers are way into forced induction cars, AWD cars and cars that combine the best of those worlds. To give perspective, in an hour lunch car talk session, not once did muscle cars come up.

insert several steps here. In the end i didn't get out of the office until about 6pm. I could have left earlier but got caught up with my boss talking about electric RC cars (1/8th v 1/10th scale) , li-po battery packs and what brand of brushless motor is best.
Step alpha: Lay in bed and watch cartoonish but timeless space scenes of The Last Star Fighter.
Kodan Officer: She won't answer the helm! We're locked into the moon's gravitational pull. What do we do?
[sound of Lord Kril's eyepiece swinging over left eye]
Lord Kril: We die.

2 comments:

Notorious said...

Teams hey? This sounds weird and corporate... time will see if it has merite.

AWD and forced induction... Not bad things to think about... Though I do remember my old high school autoshop teacher's motto, "Remember kids, there is no replacement for displacement!... and put your safety glasses back on..."

I have also resently watched "The Last Starfigher" and I remeber not appreciating one aspect... that is that the "Starfighters" are really just gunners, not that I have anything against gunners at all, but the reptile dude is the one that flies the damn spaceship... Given that he is basically an aerial gunner, the starfighter's job is just point and click... The same as any office job. Given the charicters personality in the movie, I don't think that guy would have ever actually made it as a "Starfighter" or Aerial Gunner. Gunners are crazy bastards that hope to get shot at so they can leagally lay wast to a city block. One note about aerial gunners, some of the most fun people to go out drinking with... but never ever introduce them to girls that you actually like. They will either scare/piss them off within the first 10 minutes or they will get them pregnent in the parking lot.

Anonymous said...

What was the thing where it shot in all directions? Death rose?

I was telling some guys about that movie at work today, no one had seen it. Sad.