Speaking of the horrable sound of "CLICK" I was at the range today requalifying with the GAU-5 (It is a M16 varient shorter barrel and colapsable stock.) http://www.romad.com/equipment.htm#M4 Any way the fucking weapon shaped turd jamed at least 6 times on me during the testing phase of today alone! If I had the arm, I would have tosed that bugger the 300 yards to the target. The problem I kept having was that it would try and feed two rounds at once. They don't fit and thus you end up with two dented/bent rounds (once you get them out) and and a momentarily usless gun. Way less than ideal! So if you are thinking about getting a surplus GAU-5... you are really buying a small plastic and aluminum club. Still useful, but not at very great range. I suppose I got some excellent training at handling "stopages" but I ended up spending about half my time yanking on the charging handle and reloading my bent up rounds. I had to use the bent rounds or I couldn't put enough rounds in my target to pass.
Maybe they, GAU-5s, are not all bad... this could have been a spectacularly shitty rifle... I did find it decently accurate when it went BANG!... but I actually started expecting the click more than the bang.
In the pistol department... I am thinking something slightly more consealable than the 1911a1 might be needed... http://www.sigarms.com/products/classicpersonalsize-models.asp?product_id=43
Well I hate to say that I blindly followed... but I handed the bent rounds to the instructor, who handed them back and said, "I know, go ahead and shoot them." I figured they wouldn't tell me that if it wasn't OK... so "Fuck it" I shot them. I did eventually get them to go. And I did score second out of 15 people there. So... I guess what this has taught me is that I should not take GAU-5 # K/9-3 and that bent rounds are almost as good as non-bent and dented rounds. The only guy that beat me was the only other pilot there. We were of course haveing a test of manlyness, looser buys lunch. On account of my shitty gun he said that the contest was void and I didn't owe him lunch. I got his lunch anyway in hopes of pleaseing the fates. (Thou, I fully plan to out fly the shit out of him during tomorrow.)
I didn't even think about the fact that the gun could become a face removal device untill later this afternoon.
perhaps your wepon of most utility would be a big steel pipe welded onto your car where the bumper used to be. As well as some Ben-Hur style tire slashers.
5 comments:
Speaking of the horrable sound of "CLICK" I was at the range today requalifying with the GAU-5 (It is a M16 varient shorter barrel and colapsable stock.)
http://www.romad.com/equipment.htm#M4
Any way the fucking weapon shaped turd jamed at least 6 times on me during the testing phase of today alone! If I had the arm, I would have tosed that bugger the 300 yards to the target. The problem I kept having was that it would try and feed two rounds at once. They don't fit and thus you end up with two dented/bent rounds (once you get them out) and and a momentarily usless gun. Way less than ideal! So if you are thinking about getting a surplus GAU-5... you are really buying a small plastic and aluminum club. Still useful, but not at very great range. I suppose I got some excellent training at handling "stopages" but I ended up spending about half my time yanking on the charging handle and reloading my bent up rounds. I had to use the bent rounds or I couldn't put enough rounds in my target to pass.
Maybe they, GAU-5s, are not all bad... this could have been a spectacularly shitty rifle... I did find it decently accurate when it went BANG!... but I actually started expecting the click more than the bang.
In the pistol department... I am thinking something slightly more consealable than the 1911a1 might be needed...
http://www.sigarms.com/products/classicpersonalsize-models.asp?product_id=43
yeah, i hear .45 is pretty much the way to go.
on a side note, i actually saw one car try to run another off the road... What the fuck is going on around here?
also, why would you risk shooting bent rounds? what if that plastic club became a hand held IED?
Well I hate to say that I blindly followed... but I handed the bent rounds to the instructor, who handed them back and said, "I know, go ahead and shoot them." I figured they wouldn't tell me that if it wasn't OK... so "Fuck it" I shot them. I did eventually get them to go. And I did score second out of 15 people there. So... I guess what this has taught me is that I should not take GAU-5 # K/9-3 and that bent rounds are almost as good as non-bent and dented rounds. The only guy that beat me was the only other pilot there. We were of course haveing a test of manlyness, looser buys lunch. On account of my shitty gun he said that the contest was void and I didn't owe him lunch. I got his lunch anyway in hopes of pleaseing the fates. (Thou, I fully plan to out fly the shit out of him during tomorrow.)
I didn't even think about the fact that the gun could become a face removal device untill later this afternoon.
perhaps your wepon of most utility would be a big steel pipe welded onto your car where the bumper used to be. As well as some Ben-Hur style tire slashers.
Post a Comment