Finally spent some quality time with the Fiat in my newly heated garage. Here's what i found:
The good: I found the clutch inspection plate that my tranny was missing, in my pile o' parts. Now i just need to find the four bolts that hold it on.
The bad: The wheels have locking lugs on them and neither I nor the guy i bought it from has the key to get them off. Any ideas how to go about this? (and i don;t have dynamite, so don't even ask)
The ugly: this car has an alarm system on it. No shit, just like the Caddy did. It's disabled because the battery is out... but i found these two remotes in the parts pile that looked like garage door openers... no joke, they're huge. Well then i find a black box in the glove box that's the heart of the alarm, tied into a motion detector. this thing is straight out of the 80's... very retro. I shall be sure to cut it out as soon as i get the wheels off.
Locking lugs AND an alarm on a 79 Fiat? somebody was a little paranoid.
1 comment:
This is probably the only Fiat in history with all that anti theft junk on there. Are all the lugs locking, or just one per wheel? I had to get the wheels off a junkyard car once and found that a stout chizle did the job... but I think the Gometry was a bit different that what you are working with. I think you best bet in to keep looking in all the junk for the key...
All the security measures... thes car could have a criminal past. There is prbably a bag of coke left in it somewhere too!
Post a Comment