Monday, November 21, 2005

those crazy germans pt II

to think, this car is having problems getting into the US because of "safety regulations".

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

It looks pretty good to me... I don't think I would want to take my fiat into a cement bulkwork at 70mph...or even the Buick... Safty can't be the thing that is really keeping smart cars out. Ford must not want the competition for the focus. I'd drive that thing after watching that video. It looks like a fun ride, well at least if you crash it...

Speaking of catastophic failure, the wheel to my fiat fell off. Luckily I was in the parking lot instead of at the 100mph that I was not ten minutes earlier. Obviosly this is an opertunity to upgrade the suspencion. Though It is uncerimoniously disassembled and proped up on old gas cans in my apartment parking lot...(no complaints from the land lord yet) eventually the fiat will be 1.5 inches lower with new stiffer springs, front and rear anti-sway bars, polyuritane a-arm bushings as well as new light weight a-arms... This combined with the new light weight rims and low profile tires... I will have the best handleing, crapy fiat ever

This all should be completed just about the time the world turns to perpetual snow and ice... I am sure that it will be good in the snow.

amateur.sophist said...

I'm working on something... something well aged, turbo, AWD with a 5spd.

This could be spectacular.

amateur.sophist said...

Nick,

when you gonna drop an opposed four in there from a WRX STI?

Anonymous said...

I thought about that... I don't know if there i room. The engine compartment is pretty skinny. I was thinking more along the lines of adding dual carbs with a racing cam and a wicked header for horse power enhansment.

So what is this mystery car? An old audi... or a subaru XT coupe?

Anonymous said...

actually I was thinking more along the lines of a rotary engine...

Anonymous said...

I belive they did... who doesn't love a good Wankle!

amateur.sophist said...

the mystery car shall remain a mystery. then if it doesn't materialize, the disappointment will be far less.

amateur.sophist said...

oh okay- i'll give you a hint:

DSM

Anonymous said...

You are going for an old Talon, Hey? Interesting. Lot of potential there... Lots of upgrade parts, plenty of existing knowledge on the internet. Very nice.

If I was starting over and didn't get this steal on the Fiat, I probably would have gone Miata. Good looks, good performance, and handleing...

amateur.sophist said...

miata was my first choice, but this car seems to be quite a steal. haven't seen it yet. I shall post with updates