(i wrote this post a few days ago at work, but with the recent re-election of "the man" i feel it's eve more appropriate)
Today as I was pulling into Company X parking lot I saw a man in a suit standing next to his brand new Car. This was a new car that had just recently been released to the public and it was shiny and sleek and hip and modern and all the things a new car should be to appeal to the masses. (It's been selling very well) And the guy himself looked modern and hip and clean and proud and all the things a guy should look to succeed and present himself as so. But then I looked beyond him and saw he and his car were alone in a parking lot of cracked concrete and faded paint, littered with debris. The dreary lot was surrounded by a rusty fence crowned with broken barbed wire, keeping out the derelicts that reside in the burned out hulks, but failing to restrain the overgrown foliage and unkempt lawns. And the further I expanded my field of vision, the dirtier and uglier and more destitute the whole picture became.
That's when I realized I was staring at a perfect picture of Detroit. And I was about to hit a parked car. I avoided the parked car but the collision of contrast left a stain on my brain.
"Fuck the G-rides, I want the machines that are building them"
-Rage Against The Machine
2 comments:
perhaps. and perhaps it's me that's the juxtaposition. and there is no foreground.
or perhaps he should upgrade his rims.
Post a Comment