Monday, May 09, 2011

Check out these pipes!

Before presenting the fourth and likely final installment of my Introduction to Albuquerque Series, a brief interlude.

MOTORCYCLE PARTS!

(I know, you're saying something like "I thought you were poor and unemployed..." to which I would say "shut up.")

Turns out I found these rare, Japan-only-aftermarket, light weight and low profile exhaust pipes on ebay. USED!

Here's what came off the bike:



I previously added the black tape, that now looks a little beat up due to the harshness of being moved across the country in the back of a truck. Stock weight, 30lbs.

Here's what It looks like now:



and on the other side:



New weight: 10lbs! Also it looks way cleaner and sounds like awesome grenades. Overall the bike still looks a little too shiny so I may add the black tape to these as well. Also, in the last picture, now that the fat ugly mufflers are gone, the center stand is hanging out under the bike. This is kind of like walking around with your dingus hanging out... Convenient, but really you should do something about it. I'm thinking about removing it to save more weight and give the bike an even cleaner look. (This is where the dingus analogy breaks down)

2 comments:

Amanda said...

oh please, more dingus analogies?

Notorious said...

Hah! I love dingus analogies. They are always perfectly relevent.

You have already removed the bike's dingus haven't you?