Saturday, October 02, 2010

A new member of the family!

As you all know I am a practicing Quiver Full. And as such, once the means were available, i was obligated to increase my vehicle count by one.

His name is El Burrito. (I know, its stupid, but this is what happens when someone watches "Machete" and then strolls up when you're flexing your new wheels. I wanted to call it "old reliable and easy to work on" but it didn't have the staying power of "El Burrito.")





4 cylinders, 5 speeds, 2 wheeldrive and built in 1988. (Though the engine is from 90, allegedly). Counting the Caddy and the Dynasty, this is the 3rd American car I've owned from 1988, meaning that must have been a hell of a year.

Of course the nay-sayers will ask "why would you buy such an absurd vehicle to drive in the snowy winters of OH?" to which i would respond "come closer so i can spit on you."

2 comments:

Amanda said...

At least it's more practical than the Supra/Miata. If you had any friends in Beaver Creek, you'd be suckered into helping someone move every other weekend. More to the point, I approve because I also owned a ('91) Chevy S-10. Used, it came with an embroidered dash cover that identified it as "The Nebraska Eagle." Take that, "El Burrito."

MAGNUS THORSON said...

I think you just got served.