Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Blogging: Like talking to yourself

Remember when everyday was spent with your best friends? When did life become devoid of significant human interaction?


...

Wake up alone, have brief words with an animal that behaves like a toddler on Red Bull, exchange mutual looks of confusion. Drive to work, listen to voices from machine. Check emails, read internet, stare at wall.

Idle chatter with coworkers about coworker things; That is, sometimes the things that conservative, engineering-minded, middle-age, middle-class white guys from small towns like to talk about... but most of the time about work. Read internet

Go to lunch, eat alone, read internet.

Go to school, listen to professor, sit silently with a group of soon to be conservative, engineering-minded, middle-age, middle-class brown guys from small towns.

Go home, eat alone, read internet.

Go to coffee shop, exchange hollow pleasantries with barista, do homework alone, read internet.

"Sleep! that's where I'm a viking"




...

My average daily net time in a real-life conversational exchange is surely less than 1 hour, but more importantly, average net SIGNIFICANT real-life exchange is less than 5min, with most days being zero.

I grow tired of the endless cycle of facebook, text messages and email.


Perhaps a crime spree involving a stolen El Camino and a pair of baristas!

5 comments:

Wildman said...

sounds like someone needs to organize an alumni discotech weekend.

Rev. Sir Dr. Chesto PhD said...

Listen, I'm not saying that forsaking facebook, working out for 3 hours a day, fucking middle-aged single moms and chinese grad students, shooting bowling pins, perfecting monkey climbing skills and crushing handshakes, and punching n00bs in the face is the only way to happiness. There are many paths up the mountain, until you die and everything you did means nothing.

amateur.sophist said...

Remember when we were in college? Its a lot like that now, except without the endless nature or excess of drinking buddies, but with the added responsibility of an adult life and job.

Notorious said...

Dude... you are in hell... at least I am only in Clovis.

Actually, I moved to Portales... Which do to the awesome convenience of being walking distance from everything I would ever need in life makes up for the smell of poop and endless flies.

Notorious said...

also, Chest, how did you link your name to the crazy dude for treasurer?