I have finally managed to lasso enough free time to update the world on my exciting life, full of fast cars and faster women. See, the problem with grad school is its trickiness. You don’t realize how much times its thieving away, (thieving like a drunken tooth fairy) until you try to do the things you used to do- like take random weekend trips up north, following by another trip to your buddy Wildman’s wedding. Then, when you return from your second weekend away from home, it requires 72 hours of fevered rushing around before you get to enjoy a meal sitting down or indulge in more than 4 hours sleep.
The good news is, Wildman’s wedding (open house, technically) was a hella good time. As every gathering involving two or more Tech alum, this mini-carnival featured ungodly amounts of booze, exaggerated accounts of the trails walked since graduation, a fair amount of remembering the past, some ogling of (but little direct contact with) the ladies, inter-dimensional portals, mad dance moves and some food that was probably really good but really just there to hold down the booze.
The weekend began and ended for the Pelvic Queen and I with a 10 hour drive. Of course the dreadful road home is never as bright when you don’t have that “I took the day off work and slept in and now I’m gonna drive a great distance for a good time” feeling you get when you’re first packing up the car.
It seems futile to account the events in detail, since if you were there, you were there; If you weren’t but you’re reading this, you’ve partied with us before and know what to expect; If you fall into a mysterious third category, you’re invited to our Halloween party- it’ll be kicking. The only part that should be noted is the whole, you know, Detroit Tigers sweeping the
Zero to Ten round up:
Typing of The Dead: 9
Typing this account: 3
Al’s Sister: 8 (9 if she were single)
Chestocrate’s sister: Almost legal
My date: 10 (awww…)
Dan and Al: 10
Dirty dancing in front of someone else’s family: 7
Tiger’s clinching World Series: 10
$700-$2,500/ticket: 0
4 comments:
What can I say, we try to put on a good show. 4 kegs may have helped in that effort...
Wait a second, you were up in Houghton on the weekend of the 14th...? So was I, and yet we did not party together.
Timmy from the Moonroom got married, there were like 3/4 of the former Moonroom denzins present up there.
We fail.
Nagtive.
Winona, MN
Chestocrates' sister is almost Leagal!!! Oh Heck yea! I wish he didn't know so many death inducing tricks...
Post a Comment